- Document Digitization
Solutions we provide
Digitization is not all about scanning papers.
For efficiency and security, convert piles of paper into useful digital resource.
We do it all for you – defining document archives, user and access control, help with scanning, document tagging, custom search, process definition, software customization, integration, training, support, maintenance, and more.
RESULT: Complete document digitization that works.
Does your organization face these problems?
- Lots of important paper documents as loose sheets
- Endless files / folders, boxes, shelves of papers
- Papers of different sizes, types, quality
- Papers bound in the form of books / registers
- Documents on different topics, time periods, purposes
Digitizing important paper documents creates a layer of security, and often convenience.
Scanned copy of the original document provides a fallback option in case the papers are lost or damaged, whereas controlled access to organized storage of the digital copies makes it much faster, easier and safer to find and use the required documents, without physically touching / needing the original paper.
Scanning papers into digital format is the first step of document digitization.
However, it's just the beginning, and unless organized properly, it only adds to the burden of the original sheets of paper – where to store the digital copies, how to find the required (version of) document, how to control access, how long to retain, how to dispose etc.
The goal of Document Digitization is to significantly reduce the dependence on original paper documents without adversely affecting operational efficiency, security, and control.
That can be achieved only through proper planning and execution. For example, how to store and organize the digital documents, who are supposed to get access (read and/or write) for the documents, how to mark / tag the documents to identify and distinguish those, how to search for required documents, and so on.
SARANGSoft digipaper is a powerful yet easy to use software for document digitization. Still the following steps are essential to make the process successful and efficient.a) Identifying document types and grouping based on that –
- Related documents to be "archived" together
- Identification of related users for access to the document archives
- Grouping of documents by topic (e.g., department or branch) as sections
- Dividing topics into sub-sections as needed
- Association of markers / tags for each section and/or sub-section
- Decide scanning hardware based on paper size, condition, binding (or not) etc.
- Acquire required scanning hardware, develop custom mechanism for scanning
- Determine scanned file format based on user's needs
- Design scanning process based on documents, user needs, hardware etc.
- Providing suitable manpower for document scanning
- Manage the scanning, tagging, archiving process
- Install digipaper and other required software
- Demonstration and training of relevant staff members
- Initial and continued technical support for the entire process
We can customize digipaper to fulfill a customer's special needs, including UI (look & feel), additional functionality, different behavior, organizational rules / policies, integration with existing / other infrastructure, and so on. We can even brand it (white label) according to customer requirements.