Digitization is not all about scanning papers!
For speed and efficiency, convert piles of paper into useful resource.
We do it all for you – planning document archives, user & access control, scanning, tagging, custom search, process definition, software customization, training, support, and more.
RESULT: Complete document digitization that works.
Does your organization face these problems?
Digitizing important paper documents creates a layer of security, and often convenience. The scanned copy of the original document provides a fallback option in case the papers are lost or damaged, whereas controlled access to organized storage of the digital copies makes it much easier and faster to find and use the required documents, even without physically touching the original paper.
Scanning paper documents into digital image format is the first step of document digitization process. However, it's just the beginning, and unless organized properly, it only adds to the burden of the original sheets of paper – where to store the digital copies, how to control access, how long to retain, when and how to dispose etc.
The goal of Document Digitization is to significantly reduce the dependence on the original paper documents without adversely affecting operational efficiency, security, control. That can be achieved only through proper planning and execution. For example, how to store and organize the digital documents, who are supposed to get access (read and/or write) to the documents, how to mark / tag the documents to identify and distinguish those, how to search for required documents, and so on.
SARANGSoft digipaper is a powerful yet easy to use software for document digitization. Still the following steps are essential to make the process successful, time-bound, and efficient.
a) Identifying document types and grouping based on that
- Lots of important paper documents as loose sheets
- Endless files / folders, boxes / shelves of papers
- Papers of different sizes, types, quality level
- Papers bound in the form of books / registers
- Documents on different topics / time periods / purposes
b) Defining archive structure
- Related documents to be "archived" together
- Identification of related users for access to the document archives
c) Use of scanning mechanism based on document type
- Grouping of documents by topic (e.g., department or branch) as sections
- Dividing topics into sub-sections as needed
- Association of markers / tags for each section or sub-section
d) Scanning process execution
- Decide scanning hardware based on paper size, condition, binding (or not) etc.
- Acquire required scanning hardware, develop custom scanning mechanism
- Determine scanned file format based on user's needs
- Design scanning process based on documents, user needs, hardware etc.
e) Installation, Training, Support
- Providing suitable manpower for the scanning operation
- Manage the scanning and archiving process in entirety
We can customize digipaper to fulfill a customer's special needs, including UI (look & feel), additional functionality, different behavior, organizational rules / policies, integration with existing / other infrastructure, and so on. We can even brand it (white label) according to a customer's requirements.
Convert piles of paper documents into valuable resources.
- Install the software and all related technologies for the user
- Demo and training of relevant staff members
- Initial and continued technical support for the entire process