- Data Backup and Recovery
Solutions we provide
Data Backup and Recovery
Data Backup doesn't start and end with the software alone. We design an optimum data protection mechanism for your organization with our data backup product, the right choice of local and cloud storage, and the required process. RESULT: Best Value, Data Safety / Protection, Peace of Mind. It is essential to regularly backup data. However, over time it is necessary to know and track –
- Which drives, folders, files of which computers (PCs / servers) are being backed up
- Backup on which computers succeeded vs. failed (and why) on which day
- How much data (volume) is being backed up from each computer
- How long should the backed up data be retained vs. disposed (and how)
- When the backup destination drive is getting full and needs replacement and/or cleanup and so on.
- Identify the computers to backup
- Determine the drives, folders, files to backup
- Amount of data to backup
- Backup frequency – from very frequent (hours) to days apart
- Internal network (LAN) type and status
- Budget - upfront (CapEx) and continuing (OpEx) costs
- Estimate the regular backup volume
- Total storage space needs
- Based on LAN, budget, data type etc., pick storage technology (USB-HDD / Optical / NAS / Server share / ...) and estimate cost
- Viability of cloud storage (consider Internet upload speed & bandwidth) – chose a suitable service
- Frequency of full backups: weekly / monthly / quarterly / annual
- Frequency of incremental backups: hourly / daily / weekly
- Whether to split by date as old (static) vs. current (dynamic); archive old data, backup current data
- Whether to compress backup archives – how much
- Whether to encrypt backup archives – level of encryption, password etc.
- Whether to email on backup completion / failure – whom to email, email settings etc.
- Whether to upload backup archives to cloud storage
- How long to retain full vs. incremental backup archives
- Address any organization-specific needs, policies, rules etc.