- Data Backup and Recovery
Solutions we provide
Data Backup and Recovery
Data Backup doesn't start and end with the software alone. We design an optimum data protection mechanism for your organization with our data backup product, the right choice of local and cloud storage, and the required process. RESULT: Best Value, Data Safety / Protection, Peace of Mind. Regular backup of data is a must, but over time it is important to know and track –
- Which drives, folders, files of which computers (PCs / servers) are being backed up
- Backup on which computers succeeded vs. failed (and why) on which day
- How much data (volume) is being backed up from each computer
- How long should the backed up data be retained vs. disposed (and how)
- When the backup destination drive is getting full and needs replacement and/or cleanup
- Identify the computers to backup
- Select the drives, folders, files to backup
- Amount of data to backup
- Backup frequency – from very frequent (hours) to days apart
- Internal network (LAN) type and status
- Budget – upfront (CapEx) and continuing (OpEx) costs
- Estimate the regular backup volume
- Total storage space needs
- Based on LAN, budget, data type etc., pick storage technology (USB-HDD / Optical / NAS / Server share / ...) and estimate cost
- Viability of cloud storage (Internet upload speed, bandwidth) – chose suitable service
- Frequency of full backups: weekly / monthly / quarterly / annual
- Frequency of incremental backups: hourly / daily / weekly
- Split data by date? Old (static) – archive Vs. Current (dynamic) – backup
- Compress backup archives – how much?
- Encrypt backup archives? Level of encryption, password etc.
- Notify by email on backup completion / failure – whom to email, email settings etc.?
- Upload backup archives to cloud storage?
- How long to retain full vs. incremental backup archives?
- Address any organization-specific needs, policies, rules etc.